Friday, January 8, 2010

a veritable avalanche of simple metaphors

don't step twice
on the barely trodden ground
in a snow-swept motion
your footprints
get erased
without a trace
they vanish
and you're left without
leaving a hint of
who you were
and when we're gone
no one really gave a damn
the tallest fortresses
obscured
by the next breed
of monuments
and skyscrapers
only get so high
like you and i
before they crumble
into obscurity
nothing really matters
in the end
in the end
it's all relative
but we're living for the moment
say goodbye
let it pass on by

it's such a waste of time:
feeling sad
i feel like there's so much more
i could be doing with my time--
actively pursuing intellectual pursuits
actively making myself a better human being
actively mating
actively breeding
i just want it to end
the sad songs
bleating from the stereo speakers
of my automobile
as i casually remember
their poignancy
and why it is i feel so sad
all the time
if only i could become
constantly aware
of the constant sadness
in my life
and in my brain
the potential sadness
lurking in the recesses
of my battered dumb teenager brain
all the time
then, i could be happy
better off
oh well

i want to get married
find a mate
do all the things
i think will make me happy
but at what cost?
i don't care
i just want it
and i want it now
i can only twiddle my thumbs for so long
i'm getting bored
i'm getting old
i'm getting old and boring
they can see it in my complexion
my flesh is dulled with
a cruel and unintentional celibacy
i need sex
but not really
only sometimes
and even then
it's not sex i want
but someone to
blah blah blah
it makes me sick
to my bloated stomach
when i realize how ordinary
and unremarkable i am
how my creepy sub-conscious
becomes realized
manifests itself
as the striking
spitting image
of everyone else
i should really get over myself
i really should

No comments:

Post a Comment